A selection of interviews and quotations in the media (reverse chronological order)
- Ellis, Glenn (January). Ancestry DNA Testing. Information is the Best Medicine. WURB.
- Cook, Michael (December) Ah, look at all the lonely people. BioEdge.
- Symons, Xavier (October) Social Prescribing and the bioethics of loneliness. BioEdge
- Cuthbert, Lori (September) Octopuses Given Ecstasy for Science for Science-But is that Ethical. National Geographic.
- Toboni, Gianna. (August). Execution. Vice News Tonight. HBO.
- Bioethicist: The Ethics of the Death Penalty Are Clear, It’s Wrong. Yubanet.
- Dellabella, Hannah. (June) Mining Patient Emergency Contact Data for Medical Research Raises Ethical Questions. MedicalBag.
- Dall, Chris. (May). African study on pre-emptive antibiotics in kids spurs resistance debate. CIDRAP News.
- Murphy, Heather. (May) ‘Will You Be My Emergency Contact?’ Takes on a Whole New Meaning. New York Times.
- Troyanos, Allie. (April) Publishing in the Health Humanities. Springer Nature.
- Matthews, Mellisa. (April) The World’s First Total Penis and Scrotum Transplant Was Performed at Johns Hopkins. Men’s Health
- Smith, Wesley J. (March) Should EMTs Save a Human or a Dog First. National Review.
- Gaitan, Daniel. (March) Right To Try’ Legislation Heats Up Debate Between Medical Providers And Conservative Activists. Life Matters Media.
- Bellisomo, Randi. (February) ‘Bucket lists’ might help with end-of-life discussions Reuters.
- Mooney, Joan. (February) Would You Want to Know Your Risk of Alzheimer’s? NextAvenue.
- Atkins, Emily. (January) Why Scientists Accused of Sexual Misconduct Can Still Get Government Grants. New Republic.
- Moran, Mark. (December) Bioethics Panel Raises Patient Consent, Control of Data as Top Concerns. APA News.
- Levy, Sandra. (July) Is Random Drug Testing in Physicians’ Future? Medscape.
- Serabian, Tony. (June) Why we keep death in the closet. Morning Shift. WBEZ. [NPR Radio}
- Wrege, Louise (November 20) Bioethicist: Mandatory testing may cause more harm than good. Herald Palladium.
- Hamzelou J. (October 17) Eggs made from skin cells in lab could herald end of infertility. New Scientist.
- (September) Right to Try Laws. KSRO-Santa Rosa. [Radio}
- Liviendo, Olivia (August 4) ¿Qué hago si tengo los síntomas del zika?. Univision Noticias. Univision
- Troung, Alice (July 20) You realize pokemon is basically animal cruelty, right? Quartz.
- Belisomo, Randi (July 1) Opting for CPR but not intubation may not be wise. Reuters.
- Miro, J. (April 19) How much is too much when it comes to pharmaceutical advertising. Delaware Online.
- (March 16) Hospitals Prepare for Penis Transplants. JAMA Medical News & Perspectives.
- Gaitan, Daniel (February 2) JAMA Perspective Critical of POLST. LIfeMattersMedia.
- Phipps, Jennie L. (September 30) Making Life’s Final Decisions Easier. Bankrate
- Goode, Carolyn-Jo. (September 30) Texans Using Advance Directives for More Than Refusing Care. Houston Style Magazine.
- Gaitan, D (August). ‘Language Of War’ Used To Describe Jimmy Carter’s Cancer Experience. LIfeMattersMedia.
- Bellisomo, Randi. *(July) Fulfilling ‘three wishes’ helps ICU staff honor dying patients. Reuters.
- Radcliffe, Shawn. (June) Right to Try Movement Wants Terminally Ill to Get Experimental Drugs. Healthline.
- (June). Quarantine during MERS Outbreak. Q90.5 FM Busan, South Korea. [Radio}
- Begley, Sharon. (May) J&J to Consult Ethicists on requests for experimental drugs. Reuters.
- Freund, Lena. ( May 8) Janssen Seeking Ethicists’ Input on Compassionate Use. FDA News.
- Merrifield N. (April) Student nurses improve observation skills through visual arts course in US. Nursing Times.
- Kuehn, Bridget M. (April). US Hospitals Prepare for Penis Transplants. JAMA Medical News & Perspectives
- (February) Canadian Supreme Court’s decision to legalize assisted suicide. WBEZ WorldView. [NPR Radio}
- Mathews, Kristin. “Class at the Museum: Faculty Tap Resources at the DePaul Museum.” DePaul Newsline.
- Gaitan, Daniel (January). Teen Sues State to Avoid Forced Cancer Treatment: Medical Ethicists Review Decision. LifeMattersMedia.
- Tucker, Tommy. (January) Cassandra C. WWL Talk Radio in New Orleans, LA. [Radio}
- Scudellari, Megan. (December) Tests May Soon Predict Alzheimer’s, Do You Want to Know? Bloomberg News.
- Gaitan Daniel. ( November) The Death of Brittany Maynard Sparks Debate on “Death with Dignity.” LifeMattersMedia.
- (October). Ebola. KCRW-Santa Monica [online discussion]
- Gridneff, I. (October) Rawanda Worries About Ebola From U.S., Spain. Business Week.
- House, Billy (October 1). How do you balance the need to curtail Ebola with the right to liberty. National Journal.
- Radelat, Ana ( October 23) Connecticut quarantines nine who are symptom-free under Ebola protocols. CT Mirror.
- Pelletier, Stephen, (September) Technology in Academic Medicine: Technology Promotes Wide Use of Advance Directives. AAMC Reporter.
- Brotman, B. (June) Expansion of end-of-life care order awaits governor’s signature. Chicago Tribune.
- Jaret, P. (May) Would you Want to Know. AARP Bulletin.
- Gaitan D (April). Stopping Eating and Drinking to Hasten Death. LifeMattersMedia.
- (March) 3-parent embryos. MorningNews-WGNTV. [Television]